Our top priority is the safety of our staff and students!
In consultation with the Provincial Health Authority, and Worksafe, these are the policies and procedures we have put in place.
ADMITTANCE & EXITING
- Students are to arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before class.
- Students will be screened as they enter the facility via non-contact infrared thermometer and Covid-symptom questioning. Temperature above 38 C will not be admitted.
- No admittance will be given to anyone: (a) presenting with Covid symptoms; (b) with a temperature over 38C; (c) who has travelled outside Canada in the past 14 days; (d) exposed to a confirmed case of Covid in the past 14 days
- Students will be required to use hand-sanitizer or wash their hands upon arrival.
- Students will be put into spaced waiting areas until they are called for class.
- Students will wear masks at all times while in common areas of the facility.
- Parents and spectators are not permitted in the facility.
- Classes will use staggered dismissals at the end of each class in order to ensure the exit area does not become crowded. Students will be reminded to distance upon arrival and dismissal.
- Student belongings must be stored in a cubby, which will be sprayed and wiped before they leave.
- Occupancy: Class sizes have been reduced to limit the number of students in the facility and to provide space for social distancing within classes and rotations.
GENERAL CLEANING & HYGIENE
- Hygiene reminder signs will be posted throughout the facility.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for easy use after each activity.
- Hand-sanitizing or hand-washing will be required after each rotation/apparatus.
- Equipment and mats will be sprayed with disinfectant after each use.
- Common surfaces and bathrooms will be disinfected multiple times throughout the day.
- Foam floors and training surfaces will be generally vacuumed and sprayed with disinfectant daily; specific training spots will be sprayed after each rotation.
- Artist Preparatory Program and Intensive Program students (those training more than 2 hours at a time) will use individual bins to store their personal items, hand-sanitizer, disinfectant spray, and cloth for use as they move around the Lab.
EQUIPMENT & CLASS POLICIES
- Aerial equipment will be spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Students working on floor skills or using ground apparatus will remain spaced at least 6 feet apart.
- Wall bars will be 50% blocked off at all times.
- All equipment and training spaces have been separated into zones. Students will remain in their assigned zone for their rotation.
- No partner work is permitted (i.e. hand-to-hand, duo trapeze) at the recreational or intensive level (18 years and under). Professional program students and professional performers who use the space for training may do limited partner work if all parties involved agree.
- Instructors will avoid skills which require spotting unless absolutely necessary.
- Students may choose to only work on skills which do not have a risk of requiring a spotter.
- Students will focus on low-impact, low-cardio skills. “Group”-type activities (i.e. tumbling lines, circus games) have been eliminated and coaches will focus on individual skills and activities.
- Shared items such as rosin and chalk will no longer be provided. Students must bring their own.
- All shared padding items (leg warmers, arm-wraps etc) have been removed. If students are working on a skill requiring padding, they must bring their own items and take them home after class.
- Attendance will be kept for each class to allow for contact tracing.
- .Artist Preparatory Program and Intensive Program students may remove masks if they so choose once in their designated training area. Recreational program students must remain masked unless an exemption applies.
- Staff will self-screen as they enter the facility using the temperature scanner and the Covid checklist.
- Staff showing symptoms or those having been around someone with Covid in the past 14 days will be required to stay home or leave the facility.
- Staff will be required to wear masks at all times while in the Lab.
- Staff are responsible for ensuring each piece of equipment is sprayed after usage.
- Staff may chose to only have their students work on skills that are not likely to require spotting assistance.
GENERAL OFFICE INFO
- Ofﬁce hours will be limited. Parents and students are asked to contact the office by phone, email, or text.
- Urgent questions by parents upon drop-off or pick-up may be answered in person, outside the building, and socially-distanced if administrative staff are available.
- Non-contact forms of payment (the online portal, via phone) will be encouraged.